U.S. Rep. Shontel Brown will soon relinquish her position as chair of the Cuyahoga County Democratic Party, prompting a leadership contest in a county that is key to any Democratic statewide win in Ohio.
Trending from WKSU
From the WKSU Newsroom
The full cause of death for Cleveland resident Adam Weakley is listed as hypertensive and ischemic cardiovascular disease, essentially blocked arteries in his heart that lead to his death. Weakley died on Jan. 16, 2022 at 30 years old.
Republican-leaning counties in Northeast Ohio suffer higher COVID death tolls, a new NPR analysis showsResidents of counties that went heavily for Donald Trump in the 2020 election are more than twice as likely to die from COVID-19 than those living in areas that went for President Biden.
The Ohio Supreme Court upheld a law that cuts state funding to cities by the amount they collect in traffic camera fines; Thursday was the first day for public testimony on House Bill 598 which would trigger a near total ban on abortion in Ohio if Roe v. Wade is over turned; Two siblings have been ordered to pay $20,000 to Cleveland Metroparks for cutting down and selling a 200-year-old Black Walnut tree in Strongsville.
Summit County Public Health announced it will be holding walk-in COVID-19 vaccine clinics Saturday and for a week in June. The Autism Society of Greater Akron says it will also host a disability accessible vaccine clinic during their annual fun walk and resource fair.
While supporters touted the bill as a way to protect children, opponents slammed the legislation as an anti-LGBTQ measure that could have harmful results for transgender kids.
The court's decision upholds a 2019 law, saying it doesn't violate communities' "home rule" powers.
- Cornering the spelling, punctuation of street names. OH Really?
- The road to Blossom is paved with Steels Corners. OH Really?
- Cuyahoga County keeps its feet on the ground while reaching for the 'Heights.' OH Really?
- Backyard Bird Count in Cleveland, Akron this weekend
- Some robins love winter in Ohio. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- Wide-eyed Browns rookies arrive in Berea with a lot to prove
- 25 years after forming a team with LeBron James in Akron, Keith Dambrot and Dru Joyce III reunite on the sidelines
- The Browns add depth and find a kicker, but fail to unload their former quarterback in the draft
- Former Kent State quarterback Dustin Crum will try his luck in the NFL Draft
- Behind the NFL's tanking investigation into the Browns, and what the league should do about it
- Dan Bruce brings :beta collective modern jazz group from Chicago to Cleveland
- The Vindys strengthen their hometown roots while branching out beyond Youngstown
- EarthQuaker Symphony creates a confluence of classical and electronic music
- Cleveland's Brite Winter outdoor music festival returns to the Flats
- From open mics to home recordings: how the pandemic changed Ray Flanagan’s approach to music