The number of Ohioans hospitalized with COVID-19 is climbing to levels the state hasn’t seen since the deadly surge over the 2020-2021 winter, and doctors are particularly concerned about a spike in patients under the age of 50.
Trending from 89.7 WKSU
- WKSU and Ideastream Public Media Enter Into Merger Agreement
- Abandoned Canton Airport Puts Drone in Its Place: on the Ground. OH Really?
- How a Numbers Guru with a Plan for a 'Shared Vision' Helped Turn Around the Browns
- PUCO Audit on FirstEnergy Finds 'Minor Non-Compliance' With Some Affiliates
- 'He Doesn’t Want to Finish This Way': Ailing Manager Terry Francona's Uncertain Future in Cleveland
From the WKSU Newsroom
Morning Headlines: Rep. Tim Ryan Contracts COVID-19 Despite Vaccination; Ohio Ranks 5th for COVID in KidsNortheast Ohio Congressman Tim Ryan has tested positive for COVID-19 despite being vaccinated against the virus; Federal data ranks Ohio fifth in the total number of hospitalized children, behind Florida, Texas, Georgia, and California; University Hospitals is the latest health system to scale back visitations; and more stories.
U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) called it an "important public health measure."
He says he'll be running as a conservative but isn't chasing former President Trump's endorsement.
Northeast Ohio Republican State Sen. Matt Dolan has officially entered the race for U.S. Senate; University of Akron President Gary Miller issued a statement last night following the shooting of an 18-year-old student; Ohio reported around 4,500 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday; and more stories.
Akron Children’s is the only specialized center for tic disorders in the region. The service is hard to get into, with some patients waiting years for a spot in the program.
Ohio officials are working to get information and resources to the public to prevent evictions after the national moratorium ended last month.
- More Woolly Aphids in the Yard This Year? OH Really?
- The Northern Border Re-opens Today, But What If You Want to Travel to the U.S. from Canada?
- You Can Get a Replacement Vaccine Card. OH Really?
- Getting a Third COVID Vaccination May Not Help. OH Really?
- Every Pair of Giant Scissors Has a Story. OH Really?
The View from Pluto
- 'Tough, Smart, Accountable': The Browns' 2020 Mantra Carries into a New Season with Bigger Expectations
- Behind the Trade That Sent Cavs Hometown Fan Favorite Larry Nance Jr. to Portland
- 40 Years and Counting: Cleveland's Last Perfect Game and Len Barker's Life After Baseball
- Remembering Browns' Great Dick Schafrath: a Hall of Fame-Caliber Player Who Was 'Larger-Than-Life'
- Nick Chubb's Contract Extension Signals the 'Browns Tariff' Is Over
- Shuffle's Most Anticipated New Releases of Fall 2021
- Eclectic Musical Duo Sunflurry Flee New Orleans and Grow New Roots in Akron
- Since 'The Voice' Fame, Cleveland's Emily Keener Shows Independence, Growth with Latest Album
- Proof of Vaccination is the Ticket to Concerts in Northeast Ohio This Fall
- Plan for PorchRokr 2021 with Shuffle’s Picks